Kirsten’s cats: Frank and Brom.
Kirsten’s cats: Frank and Brom.
this is england in a nutshell
my friend from england confirmed it
These photographs aren’t mine: all credits go to the rightful owner!
A few advertisements from 1918 I couldn’t resist but to share: all kinds of menswear, both formal and informal.
Nothing left to be said, for the pictures speak for themselves: furthermore I’m quite speechless about how beautiful these adverts are.
- Name: Ike
- URL: Underwoodwriter’s Alley
- Blog name: Underwoodwriter’s Alley
- Have a crush: WHAT KIND OF A QUESTION IS THAT!?!
- Favorite color: Any shade the reminds me of my orchids.
- Write something in all caps: Certainly not you heathen. I have standards.
- Favorite band or singer: Anything below 1950s, with preference to 1920s-1930s jazz bands. Thankfully, my existence in this world is made possible thanks to recreationist dance/jazz bands like Alex Mendham and his Orchestra, The Royal Jazz Society Orchestra, Ondrej Havelka and his Melody Makers, Bratislava Hot Serenaders and many more fine outstanding and properly trained musician and orchestras. Otherwise I would have killed myself for being born in the wrong era and forced to listen to modern musi…er noise.
- Favorite number: Anything not divisible by 3
- Favorite drink: Creme de menthe or creme de banane.
- Plague…I mean tag ten people: I don’t know that many people.
Meme 2: Screw the rules, I have money!
Rule #1: Always post the rules.
Rule #2: Answer all the questions and make 11 new ones.
Rule #3: Tag 11 people.
Rule #4: Tell them you tagged them.
Rule #5: Tell the person that tagged you that you answered their questions.
- How do you feel about yourself? Personally, emotionally, physically - whatever you feel most comfortable answering? I’m as stable as Gomez Addams. I have the self-effacing humility of Idi Amin, the calm introspective mood of Bella Abzug, the charming personality of Benito Mussolini and the studious reserve of Popeye the Sailor. In simpler terms, I am in the pink, but things can always be better.
- What three things are you most passionate about? A movement/belief? A hobby? A book? I love typewriters. I love nibs and quills. I love my orchids. And of course, books - can’t get enough of them.
- Speaking of which, what are your three most favorite books? Gee that is a hard nut to crack. There are so many books and you ask me for only three? I’ll tell you what, I’ll give you the best three libraries in the world I’d rather be in now: the Library of Congress, the British Library and the Vatican Archives.
- What things do you do that make you happy? Read a book, be kind to others, talk to my plants, don’t listen to modern trashy music, listen to good old 1920s-1930s music records, and cook.
- If money wasn’t an object, where would your ideal vacation be? Build a zeppelin and visit my friends from other continents. An ideal vacation spot would be somewhere where I can collect orchids and climb trees.
- Name three things you wish you knew more about (that are currently knowable the meaning of life does not count): Women, women, and women.
- What is your favorite holiday, whether or not it’s commercialized/mainstream? Underwood Appreciation Day - which only happens once the planets are in perfect alignment.
- What is your ideal living situation? With someone or alone? In an apartment or a mansion? How would you want to decorate it? What would be the most important features, architecturally or otherwise? A large art deco house would be preferable, with a large wing that will serve as a greenhouse for all my plants. I prefer to situate it in one of our lands where the alignment is perfect. It’s located on a hill and at the foot of a hill there is this river, and on the other side are plains. Very Japanese. Also let us not forget that the area is near a forested mountain which is very picturesque, not to mention that civilization and all it’s trappings hasn’t invaded that place yet which is a great incentive to establish a large house with about 8-10 rooms and a large kitchen for me to work in. Large kitchens are a must. I want it look rustic like this:
- What are some of your favorite things aside from raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens? Typewriters, typewriters, typewriters. Also quills. Also bowties. Not the pre-tied ones. Only people with no standards, education and self respect would wear clip-on bowties. I also like a good suit, preferably cut to 1920s or 1930s standards, which follows the golden ratio properly. Modern suits don’t have that kind of style anymore.
- This is a two-parter: what kind of art do you like, AND… I like art that appeals to my intellectual and sensitive side.
- …what palettes are you most drawn to (i.e. concept art, Rococo, warm versus cool colors, etc.)? What’s colours precious? What’s coloursssss?
- Have you ever thrown/wanted to throw a book because it made you so emotional/mad? What book? No matter how emotional I get I will never throw a book away. I once broke several bones saving a book I was reading. There was this mud puddle, and I was enjoying this book too much that I slipped and hurt myself but my first instinct was to make sure the book never got wet or had any dirt on it.
- If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be? I would like to grow a moustache. Although some of my friends have told me that I need to be more open about my emotions and not act like a machine, but a moustache would be splendid.
- What is your comfort food? Sweet macapuno balls.
- What video games are you super into right now? GUILD WARS 2! My closest friends, egged and coaxed me to get one. I am enjoying it immensely. Little did they know they created a monster…
- If you had all the money you could ever use, what’s the first thing you’d buy/do with it? I’d use it buy it something to cheer all my friends up. Want your own company? I’ll buy it for you. Want a lifetime supply of Febreze? Done it is yours. Want to buy a small island and start your own banana republic? Let me just sign this blank check for you! Want to start a career in hip-hop rap and record your own songs? GET OFF MY PORCH! GET LOST!
- What’s your favorite song to clean/cook to? For cooking there is this great tune: Cooking Breakfast for the One I love. For cleaning I prefer listening to upbeat 1930s foxtrots. Dancing while cleaning is a great exercise. You can tap dance while cleaning the stairs. You can dance with your broom as you sweep away dust.
- (Riffing off one of Aave’s questions) What is your LEAST favorite holiday? Valentines Day.
- What makes you get super defensive (rationally or irrationally)? Meeting new people. Once I warm up, I can be quite different.
- Do you have any phobias? Agoraphobia. It’s usually a bad idea to take me to crowded places. Though I won’t mind if that crowded place is filled with men in proper 1920s-1930s suits and of course the ladies are wearing proper ladies’ fashion circa 1920-1930. Oh and there’s a 1930s themed orchestra in the background.
- What do you do to make yourself happy on bad days? I sing this song by Comden, Greene & Styne entitled: You Musn’t Be Discouraged:
When you think you’ve hit the bottom
and you’re feeling really low
you mustn’t feel discouraged
there’s always one step further you can go
When you’re lying in the gutter
feeling just a bit unsure
just wait until tomorrow
you could be lying flat face down on a sewer
Don’t be afraid of a little raindrop
that don’t mean nothing- but
just remember just one raindrop
started Johnston flood — in Pennsylvania
When you’re living on a park bench
eating grass cause you’ve no dough
you’re luck will change manana
you may be six feet under watching it grow
So just remember when you’re lower than low
there’s always one step you further can go
Don’t be afraid of a little rumble
what’s that for heaven’s sake
just remember one little rumble
started the Frisco quake — in Pennsylvania
Other than that I just think about the fact that somewhere in the world, my friends are happy, and that makes me happy. It’s the simple things in life that really matter in end.
1. If you were a deity, what sort of deity would you be and why?
2. Are there any particular quirks you have? Does this accentuate you or does this hinder you?
3. Is there any particular recipe you are proud to have mastered the art of cooking?
4. Have you ever tried tap-dancing on roller skates?
5. Have you ever licked a lamp-post in winter?
6. If you can bring back somebody back from the dead, would you do it and why?
7. Congratulations, you just discovered a time machine and you can bring back one person with you. Would you use the time machine to travel anywhere in time? Who would want to accompany you?
8. Zeppelins, Ocean Liners, or Aeroplanes? Why?
9. What was your first childhood memory that made you realize you were great?
10. All of us has an unfinished project within us that might take a lifetime to accomplish. Name yours.
goodbye forever crusader raphael
SO HERE’S THE DEAL. I WANTED TO SEE IF I COULD MAKE XI’S TINY BROTHER AS MY HUMAN MALE RANGER. HOW COULD I MAKE THIS PRETEEN BOY?
"WELL MAYBE IF I JUST SET EVERYTHING ALL THE WAY TO THE HIGHEST SETTING HE’LL LOOK KAWAII," I SAID.
I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO WRONG.
BONUS ROUND: DOING EVERYTHING THE OPPOSITE WAY
Xi was always the prettier one.
Hello internet, it’s that time again.
Prices are subject to adjustment according to amount of characters, background, etc.
I WILL NOT DO: Fanart of characters or things from copyrighted series, shota/lolicon.
I CAN DO: Everything else! Mecha, Fashion, Anthro, Monster People, BL/GL, fan characters (for example, I can draw your pokemon trainer, but not their pokemon) etc.
Lineart: $15 (+$10 for each extra character)
SD colored character (no background, flat shading) $15 (+$10 for each extra character)
Colored character (no background): $25 (+ $10 for each extra character)
Colored Work (background/text/effects): $40 (+$10 for each extra character)
All commissions must be paid for up front via paypal, which I’ll message to the client. If you’re interested, please message me here on tumblr or shoot me an email at email@example.com, and let me know what you’d like!
Oh dear. I’m going to be gearing up for Power Morphicon, Kraken Con Fall, and another convention, and even though they’re all kind of stretched out, a lot of the registration and hotel payments are coming up one after the other.
This doesn’t even factor transportation and food costs into it, so that on top of the printing costs, and everything probably not going to be paid back instantly, I could use the help.
Printing fees and everything else on top of bills is going to be hard to deal with, please help out.
The Barber – Alfred Dunhill’s Bourdon House.
Myrna Loy by Charles Gates Sheldon.